What is Single Touch Payroll
Single Touch Payroll (STP) is a new way for employers to report tax and super information to the ATO. It starts from 1 July 2019 for employers with 19 or
You'll report the following information through an STP ready solution - such as payroll software:
- payments to employees such as salaries and wages
- pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- super information.
The way you pay your employees won't change,
Start reporting any time from 1 July to 30 September 2019. If you can’t start reporting by this time, you'll need to apply for a later start date. An online tool to help you do this will be available on the ATO website in April.
How to get started
- If you already use payroll software - check to see if it offers STP reporting by talking to your software provider or viewing their website.
- If you don't use payroll software - you can choose an STP ready solution or talk to our office for advice on the best solution for your business.
- If you use a registered tax or BAS agent - you can ask them to report through an STP ready payroll solution on your behalf.
- If you have 1-4 employees - you can choose a low-cost STP solution. Find out more at ato.gov.au/STPsolutions.